Day breaks to Lapland are a way of sampling the Lappish wilderness and Arctic safaris in just one day. Our Lapland day breaks are based in a wilderness location in the Ylläs area of Lapland and operate in groups of a maximum of 90 clients on the day with each family having a guaranteed private audience with Santa in his cabin.
The day breaks are set in an uncommercialised, wilderness area and are for the sole use of Magic of Lapland clients with the electricity only in the log cabin where the food is served. The surrounding forest, activity areas and snow paths are lit with candles and log fires as we we aim to create an authentic atmosphere and experience of Lapland at its best.
- Fully chartered flights to/from Lapland with breakfast/dinner served on out/inbound flight
- Individual family visit to Santa in Lapland
- Children can write letters to Santa
- Reindeer sleigh ride to Santa's cabin
- Husky dog ride (800m)
- Snowmobile ride (20 minutes)
- Children snowmobiling (supervised by local guides)
- Lappish Ceremony to welcome you to Lapland
- Snow activities (tobogganing, snow-shoe walking and kick-sledging!) to experience snowy Lapland
- Make gingerbread cookies and Christmas decorations
- Lunch served throughout the day in the log house
- Sausage BBQ on open fire
- Warm drinks (tea and coffee) served throughout the day
- Lapland Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Gift for all children up to 12 years of age
- Thermal overalls, boots, mittens, hat and warm socks (infants 0-2 on request)
Flights operate from London Gatwick
Fly to Kittilä
Your day begins with your exclusive chartered flight to Kittilä in Finish Lapland. A Magic of Lapland representative will escort you on the 3.5hr flight and on arrival you'll be met by Lappish colleagues, ensuring a prompt exit from the airport.
Thermal clothing is collected from a safari house en route to the Magic Forest.
The Magic Forest
There are a selection of activities to be sampled in the Magic Forest - husky dog ride, snowmobile ride, reindeer ride to Santa's cabin, snowshoe walking, tandem skiing, children's snowmobiles, make gingerbread cookies and Christmas decorations indoors.
Private Meeting with Santa
Each family is also guaranteed a private visit to Santa and each child is given a small soft toy as a gift. Each visit to Santa is scheduled and clients are given an exact time at which they are to meet him which eliminates queueing.
All Meals Included
Breakfast/dinner served on out/inbound flights.
A simple lunch (vegetable creamy soup), hot drinks and coffee are served throughout the day.
BBQ sausages on an open fire outside.
Magic of Lapland Luxury Trips
Charter Flights with British Airways
Authentic Lappish Atmosphere and Experience
The day breaks are set in an uncommercialised, wilderness area in the Ylläs region of Lapland and are for the sole use of Magic of Lapland clients with the electricity only in the log cabin where the food is served. The surrounding forest, activity areas and snow paths are lit with candles and log fires as we we aim to create an authentic atmosphere and experience of Lapland at its best.
The Magic Forest is approximately 35 minutes for Kittilä Airport.
Prices Can Change - Check With Reservations
Temperatures in Lapland can dip to -20ºc or lower. You will be provided with thermal outfits and boots for outdoor activities, but please remember to wrap up warmly and bring your own hats, gloves and scarves.